Feldhaus, Florian via shifter-users
2017-10-10 08:33:09 UTC
I’m impressed by the features and abilities of Xpra and would like to thank everyone who helped to develop it.
During testing of the solution I discovered a few things were I would like to ask for your input:
- Installing Xpra requires a huge number of dependencies. It would be great to get some input how to reduce the number of dependencies to create a minimal docker image (currently it’s larger than 1GB.
- Running current stable Xpra version results in several error messages (see below). I’d appreciate input why these occur (check https://github.com/ffeldhaus/docker-wireshark/blob/master/xpra.conf for the config options). I’d be especially interested in
- Why does renaming '/run/user/1000/xpra/Xorg.S1.log' to '/run/user/1000/xpra/Xorg.:0.log' fail?
- Why does Xpra try to create socket directory in '/run/xpra' even though socket dir was specified as /run/user/1000/xpra and xpra was run as non root user?
- Why does Xpra show an ERROR related to X11 property 'PULSE_SERVER' even though pulseaudio=no is specified in config file?
- When I access Wireshark via Webinterface using Firefox 57 I have issues with special characters (y and z are working correct, but ! = # as well as öäü and others are not working). I’ve seen some fixed issues around this, but this seems to be a new one. With Chrome it works better, but not perfect (! = # work but öäü do not work). Should I report this as an issue?
- Is it possible to force SSL connections when accessing the HTML client? I successfully configured SSL, but ideally all HTTP connections should be upgraded to HTTPS (maybe using HSTS).
wireshark | _XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be created.
wireshark | Failed to rename log file "/run/user/1000/xpra/Xorg.S1.log" to "/run/user/1000/xpra/Xorg.S1.log": No such file or directory
wireshark | X.Org X Server 1.19.2
wireshark | Release Date: 2017-03-02
wireshark | X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
wireshark | Build Operating System: Linux 4.9.0-3-amd64 x86_64 Debian
wireshark | Current Operating System: Linux ec148b063ca0 3.10.0-514.26.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jul 4 15:04:05 UTC 2017 x86_64
wireshark | Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-3.10.0-514.26.2.el7.x86_64 root=/dev/mapper/centos_florianf--centos-root ro crashkernel=auto rd.lvm.lv=centos_florianf-centos/root rd.lvm.lv=centos_florianf-centos/swap rhgb quiet LANG=en_US.UTF-8
wireshark | Build Date: 07 July 2017 06:14:06AM
wireshark | xorg-server 2:1.19.2-1+deb9u1 (https://www.debian.org/support)
wireshark | Current version of pixman: 0.34.0
wireshark | Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
wireshark | to make sure that you have the latest version.
wireshark | Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
wireshark | (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
wireshark | (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
wireshark | (++) Log file: "/run/user/1000/xpra/Xorg.S1.log", Time: Mon Oct 9 17:52:39 2017
wireshark | (++) Using config file: "/etc/xpra/xorg.conf"
wireshark | (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
wireshark | failed to rename Xorg log file from '/run/user/1000/xpra/Xorg.S1.log' to '/run/user/1000/xpra/Xorg.:0.log'
wireshark | [Errno 2] No such file or directory
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:45,508 Warning: skipping duplicate bind path /run/user/1000/xpra/ec148b063ca0-0
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:45,509 Warning: failed to create socket directory '/run/xpra'
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:45,509 [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/run/xpra'
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:45,512 created unix domain socket: /run/user/1000/xpra/ec148b063ca0-0
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:45,513 created unix domain socket: /home/wireshark/.xpra/ec148b063ca0-0
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:45,513 Warning: cannot create socket '/run/xpra/ec148b063ca0-0'
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:45,513 [Errno 2] No such file or directory
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:45,513 /run/xpra does not exist
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:45,514 user 'wireshark' is a member of groups: xpra
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:45,514 failed to query path information for '/run/xpra': [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/run/xpra'
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:50,970 serving html content from: /usr/share/xpra/www
wireshark | Error: cannot get X11 property 'PULSE_SERVER'
wireshark | Traceback (most recent call last):
wireshark | File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xpra/sound/pulseaudio/pulseaudio_common_util.py", line 24, in get_x11_property
wireshark | from xpra.x11.bindings.window_bindings import X11WindowBindings
wireshark | File "xpra/x11/bindings/window_bindings.pyx", line 12, in init xpra.x11.bindings.window_bindings (xpra/x11/bindings/window_bindings.c:15092)
wireshark | File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xpra/gtk_common/error.py", line 42, in <module>
wireshark | gdk = import_gdk()
wireshark | File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xpra/gtk_common/gobject_compat.py", line 118, in import_gdk
wireshark | return _try_import(import_gdk3, import_gdk2)
wireshark | File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xpra/gtk_common/gobject_compat.py", line 38, in _try_import
wireshark | return import_method_gtk3()
wireshark | File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xpra/gtk_common/gobject_compat.py", line 113, in import_gdk3
wireshark | gi.require_version('Gdk', '3.0')
wireshark | File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/__init__.py", line 118, in require_version
wireshark | raise ValueError('Namespace %s not available' % namespace)
wireshark | ValueError: Namespace Gdk not available
wireshark | for python sys.version_info(major=2, minor=7, micro=13, releaselevel='final', serial=0)
wireshark | xpra command=['/usr/bin/xpra', '_sound_query']
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:51,997 GStreamer version 1.10.4 for Python 2.7.13 64-bit
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:52,114 2.8GB of system memory
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:52,160 started command 'wireshark' with pid 53
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:52,161 xpra X11 version 2.1.2-r16903 64-bit
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:52,161 uid=1000 (wireshark), gid=1000 (wireshark)
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:52,161 running with pid 1 on Linux Debian 9.1 stretch
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:52,162 connected to X11 display :0 with 24 bit colors
wireshark | 2017-10-09 17:52:52,434 xpra is ready.
Thanks a lot
Principal Consultant, Professional Services
NetApp Deutschland GmbH, Gladbecker Str. 5, D-40472 Düsseldorf
+49 151 12055 711 Mobil
NetApp Deutschland GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim bei München Handelsregister: AG München HRB113907, VAT#: DE 182 196 996Geschäftsführer: Jörg Heßke, Claudia Berchtold, Stephen Faulkner